Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Live snakes and fish as toys...Part I

I have discovered that....

Buttons are made from animals hooves e.g cows, goats pigs e.t.c

In this community, physically impaired girls, are married off at an early age.

Richard and I found a tree with very sweet leaves, we ate the leaves for a snack yesterday, and we plan to do it when hunger strikes and we cant pull out our lunch snacks!

A community that has older people has alot of wisdom. I have met people more than 90years old. I am wondering if its the chilli or the curry that prolongs life or its just Gods favor on them. We might have a memory process with the community once relationships have tightened.

People use towels to catch shrimps, some people eat them raw and it tastes like soft gum.

Children play with live animals as toys. Roni and Shital were with the kids and they were playing with live snakes in the water. They would use a stick and shove the snake under a net to the team on the other side. ......

I also watched a small boy play with a live fish, he would pull it out for few minutes and dip it in the stagnant water, holding it. I have watched my nephews play with a wooden boat in a similar way, but seeing a live fish as a toy not even a pet was new. The snakes!!!@@@ ... but, Richard says its normal. He has done it.

We were offered rice bread and sugar in a home, You would eat it the way you eat Chapati/nan bread with stew. It was wonderful to have that experience. We prayed for blessings over that home. Sugar is highly valued here;and goes with everything. I will try that with my family when I get home

No comments: