Monday, June 30, 2008

God's great plans....


My first week in the country, I joined a Praise and Worship team that was leading a training in one of the Districts. The Lord led me to pray with a 13year old girl called Shima. I had a burden to pray for her Gifting and fruits of the Holy Spirit as she grows up, so that the Gifts might not overwhelm her; hence, open doors for pride. The Lord has invested alot in her; He has revealed His presence and purpose for pure Healing, wisdom, knowledge and encouragement, through her!

I wasnt sure if I would ever see her again. until this morning when the Lord created a chance to not only see her, but meet her family and sit in her house. She is from Andulia one of the place where TSA has a good project running. Captain Elizabeth Nelson and myself, visited the projects this morning! The connection to Shima's home was unexpected, but the joy, peace and fellowship we had in that village was profound.

People came and sat with us, we sang worship songs, as the rains poured outside. Muslims, Hindus and Christians, sat together at Shimas veranda and just 'lived the moment'. The greatest shock for me was when Shima introduced me to her twin sister! This was the last thing I was expecting, identical sister called Rima. In this photo, Shima is the one with a mark on her cheeks, Rima (twin sister)is the one with a white scarf and the eldest too.

In this village, there are around five families that are Christians, and any little encouragement is a 'boost' for their faith. The experience we had in that village was an example of incarnatinal living. Perfect joy in season.

(PS: Rima placed a 'tip' on my face, just incase you are wondering....)

No comments: